Saturday, May 15, 2010

Feeding the ducks.....or was it the fish?!?

So today, we took the girls to feed the ducks in Springville. The only problem was, we didn't go until about 5pm and I think the ducks had been fed ALL day becuase when we got there, they weren't eating very well. But we had fun anyway. At first, Brianna just thought I was giving her the bread to eat it. She wouldn't throw it, even when I showed her what to do, but after a while of seeing Aly do it, she finally figured it out. She would break off peices and pretty much just drop them. So by the time we were finished, there was a big pile of bread right under our feet!Then Brianna tried to just hand it to the ducks. When she is handing something to someone, she holds it out and kind of grunts, like "uh, uh, uh" So she was doing the same thing to the ducks.Like I said before, the ducks didn't seem too hungry, so when we threw the bread out and the ducks didn't take it, the fish would come up and grab it. There were a ton of fish. It was funny to see them all fighting for it. I tried to get a picture, but they wouldn't really stay at the surface very long, so this is the best I got.