Saturday, July 3, 2010

Happy 4th of July......or 3rd!!!

On July 2nd, we did fireworks at our house, just the cheap LEGAL stuff! LOL! Joe had to work on the 3rd so he wasn't able to go with us to all the festivities, so I wanted him to at least enjoy this! Aly and Brianna enjoyed them, but Joe and I thought they were pretty lame. But as long as the girls had fun, that is all that matters! Here is Aly watching them. (Sorry these pictures aren't the best quality, I forgot my camera so they were all taken on my phone.)Then on July 3rd, we did all the usual 4th of July stuff. First we went to the West Jordan City parade. Aly loved seeing all the "princesses". She would wave to them all and LOVE it if they waved back. I can't wait to take her to Disneyland this week so she can see the REAL princesses again! She also had fun getting all the candy!Brianna also enjoyed the parade! She watched it for a pretty long time before getting bored of it. I also learned that she is a major animal lover! Everytime a horse would come by, she would get really excited and start pointing to it and bouncing up and down.After the parade, we went to the carnival. They had a petting zoo there. Mostly it was goats, but they also had a pig, a turtle, some sheep, a llama and a rabbit. We took the girls in there and at first Aly was nervous to touch them. Then I showed her that I was touching the turtle and told her it felt like a rock, so she tried it. After that, she would touch all the animals, but only for a second. (Sorry, I don't have any pictures of the petting zoo!) Brianna, on the other hand, LOVED the petting zoo! (Remember what I said about her being an animal lover?!) She not only would pet them, but she went up to the baby goat and was snuggling it and hugging it! She did that with all of the animals, but I think the baby goat was her favorite because it was just her size. It was so cute!!

Then the girls went on the pony ride. Aly asked me as soon as we walked into the carnival if she could go on the pony, and of course Brianna just got excited when she saw them. So my dad paid for them both to go on them. They had a blast. I was afraid Aly wouldn't want to go by herself, but she did great! She had so much fun and so did Brianna. Here they are on the ponies!Here is Aly on the pony all by herself!!!!Brianna had so much fun!Thank you Papa for taking the girls on the ponies, they had so much fun!!!!

After that, I took Aly on the bounce houses. The one she went on was shaped like a castle, and since she is major into princesses, she HAD to play on the castle! She had a good time!Lastly, we went to the fireworks in Sandy. Aly and Brianna were glued to them. They did not take their eyes off of them the whole time. Even if you would try to talk to them, they would not pay attention to you. I know it looks like Brianna is sleeping in this picture, but she is actually fixed on the fireworks. (Maybe she bliked when I took the picture!) She did end up falling asleep before they were over. She was exhausted from a busy, busy day!!! We had so much fun today! I love spending time with my family! And even though I have always loved holidays, it is SO much better when you have kids of your own! It is so fun to watch how excited they get. I would have to say it is even better than when you are a kid yourself!!! Thank you to my family for sharing in this fun day!!!

3 comments:

Jacob and Ashlee said...

oh, I am so glad you guys had fun! I wish i could have been there! Next year tho I am sure i will be! That is so cute that they had so much fun! it really does make holidays so much more fun with kids... they are so fun to watch!

Brigham Young University London Centre said...

Okay--that does it--I'm coming home!!! I miss my babies way tooooo much;-)

David said...

I am so happy that we went with you to the park on the 4th of July. I had a blast with Alyssia and Brianna. I wish that KayLee could have been there also.